Sunday, May 13, 2012
Mother's Day!
My day started with breakfast in bed with my favorite little girl thanks to the best husband/daddy! We played a lot and Izzy took a nice nap so I could get some sun on the deck. Then, we met my family for brunch and bowling. Izzy was spoiled with attention and lots of good food. She even tried watermelon and really loved it! It is weird to think that last year at this time I was ready to pop and impatiently waiting the arrival of our little girl. I was mowing the lawn hoping that would help induce labor, when that didn't work, I tried raspberry tea. Nothing, but she was so worth the wait. It is amazing how much of being a mother comes natural to women, but it also helps having amazing role models and mothers who modeled what true, unconditional love is and how to be a good parent, even when it means having to be a bad guy.
I love you mom and thank you for helping me be the mother that I am. The only thing greater than having you as a mother is having you as my daughter's Nana! We love you so and thanks for everything. Thanks for the sacrifices, the tough love when I needed it, the advice, for always listening,for always being so selfless and putting us first, for putting up with the five of us and now our families,thanks for showing me how to face my problems head on, to be honest, and most importantly, thanks for giving me life And allowing me the opportunity to be a mom! I always knew you were amazing, but it wasn't until I became a mother that i truly realized how much you sacrificed for all of us, even the little things that WERE huge for us..... going through pregnancy and birth, waking up at all hours of the night for your little one, worrying every second of everyday about the well being of someone other than yourself, and truly, selflessly giving all of yourself for the unconditional love you have for your child. Thanks for always loving me, even when I was being a stinker and when I was in the nasty teenager stage of being mean just because I could. Thanks for not giving up on me And for pushing me to do more than I thought I could do in life. It is so fun now to compare notes and to enjoy you as not only my mother, but my friend! I love you, enjoy your day, with five kids, you have more than earned it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment