Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Eve

It is so fun to experience Christmas through your children's eyes, minds, and imaginations. Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays, but this year it seemed to have even more meaning now that Izzy understands Santa, his elves, and reindeer. She also understands that it was Jesus' birthday and sang to him a few times throughout the holiday. She also started requesting, rather loudly at Mass on Christmas Eve, "I touch Jesus!?" It was fun to start new traditions for our family this year, including Buddy the Elf, baking cookies for Santa, letting Izzy and Bobby pick out gifts for each other, etc.
 
Very proud of her milk and cookies for Santa.

Reading the note from Mrs. Claus about Reindeer food to sprinkle outside for Santa's reindeer to eat.

Izzy loved being in control of the speed of the mixer while making Santa's cookies. She didn't understand why I told her to put it on low while I added the flour, I think she does now.

Pretty proud. Did I mention this was her Christmas dress from last Christmas, but we were in Mexico so she never wore it. Turns out, it still fit. 12-18 months!

Izzy dictated, I wrote.

Opening presents from each other on Christmas Eve.

Bobby really loved Izzy's wrapping job.

Pretty excited...Bobby looks mammoth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment