Sunday, May 15, 2011

Patiently...I mean, Inpatiently Waiting!

Dearest Baby Girl,
   I have dreamed of you my whole entire life. Most little girls dream of their weddings and being a bride, while I did that too, I always imagined myself as a mom. I loved playing house and taking care of my baby dolls. All of my life, I have known that I was born to be a mom. I feel like that is my purpose in life. Now, you my dear, have really thrown me for a loop. You were due one week ago today, Mother's Day, a day I dreamed I would finally become a mother, but that day came and went and still no sign of you. Family and friends continue to check in to see if today is the day, but you continue to be content and comfortable.

From the moment we found out we were pregnant, I have dreamed of you, what you'll be like, what you'll look like, our first moments together, etc. As each day that passes past my due date, I get a little more sad. I know you'll come, "in due time", as everyone keeps telling me. However, I have waited not just ten months for you, but 28 years, so it has felt like a lifetime of waiting. I know once I see you, I'll be reminded that it was well worth the wait and that you needed that extra time to develop, but right now I find it hard to be patient. I want you to always know how excited we were for your birth and how many giddy smiles we shared at the thought of your arrival. Some day, probably around age 16, you'll forget this moment and you'll think we are really annoying, embarrassing, and more than likely, stupid. We won't "get it" and we won't be "cool", but know that we love you and we do everything because we love you. It is funny as we wait in anticipation for your arrival, we can't help but think about our own parent's excitement for our arrivals and then thinking back to the days when we weren't so nice to them because they were doing their job as parents. Sometimes we won't be your best friends or answer your questions the way you want us to, but our job is to take care of you, love you, and protect you, even if you don't see it at the time.

Please come soon! We know we'll have a lifetime of memories together, but we cannot wait for them to start, to meet you, and to show you the world. You are one lucky little girl, you are so loved already and you haven't even graced us with your presence yet. My hope for you, is that you arrive happy and healthy, and that no matter how hard or bad life seems for you as you get older, you know that you are SO loved by many people and were very loved before you even made your arrival!

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad you finally made your arrival Isabelle! You were worth the wait! Happy 1 week Birthday!

    ReplyDelete