Monday, August 1, 2011

So thankful for our friends...

We got home Saturday afternoon, had about three hours before leaving again for a friend's wedding. Thanks to our good friends, Jackie and Reid (& Sally), we were able to relax and fully enjoy our night away from Isabelle. It was the first night we went out together without her. It felt weird, but Jackie was sweet enough to send us pictures and updates to help us relax and enjoy the night. It felt weird to travel with very little baggage at the wedding, I kept thinking we were missing things. Here are some adorable pictures Jackie sent us, along with a video of Sally singing to Isabelle, so sweet. And....a picture from the wedding photo booth, proof that we were able to enjoy the night knowing Izzy was in good hands. We can't thank the Craigmile Crew enough for watching our little girl and taking such good care of her! Between our trip with the family and a night at your house, she slept on and off most of the day Sunday. I think as a family, we finally got out of bed around 1pm! Guess all that traveling got the best of us. 

Izzy struggled yesterday to fall asleep on her own in her crib.....looks like someone got a little spoiled being rocked and held to fall asleep all week. We'll have a tough week of "boot camp" to help get her back on schedule. Just as we get her back on the schedule and routine, it will probably get mixed up again when we go to Ely with my family. I'm just as guilty, I just let her fall asleep next to me in our bed in the boppy pillow. :) Is it seriously August today? I can't stop thinking about going back to work and having to leave Izzy, it is killing me! Thankfully she'll be in good hands with my parents, which will make it so much easier on me! I am avoiding reality at all costs, I don't go back until the last week in August, even though I'll have to go in before that, but I am trying to have a glass half full approach and will keep focusing on the fact that I still have almost another month with her at home.

I love that they are both smiling! So cute! :)

And this is why I was able to enjoy the night....they make her so happy!
Social butterfly soaking up all of the attention.
Monkey See, Monkey Do!


I love Auntie Jackie!
Despite what this picture looks like, I only had two drinks the whole night, this was only after one drink, chased with water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment