Friday, February 15, 2013

Our "little", BIG girl!

Last night marked Izzy's first night in her toddler bed! It went really well surprisingly. Only one fall/thud that was fixed by me joining her in bed for a few minutes. This morning she woke up a few times and put herself back to sleep until she heard me in the hallway and then jumped out of bed and was heading to greet me at the door. We went to the grocery store today and to Toddler yoga for something fun to help tucker her out for nap. Izzy picked out a new swimming suit and some glasses. She tried on some hats too. Keeping her busy worked, she napped for three hours in her bed that we added a side rail to after last night's fall. When she woke up she climbed down and was heading for the door again. I am trying to teach her to just call our names when she wakes up and not try to make a run for it in case we didn't hear her wake up. We did put a baby gate on the outside of her door in case she does get the door open.

We were hopeful tonight would go just as smooth. We read stories in her bed and she did well saying goodnight as I walked out and fell right asleep for about twenty minutes. I didn't hear anything, but just so happened to be curious as to how she was sleeping and looked at the video monitor to find her sneaking off the end of her bed and heading for the door. She didn't make a sound when she did this, which was a little worrisome because if this were the middle of the night we wouldn't hear her and wake up. Thankfully she went for the door, couldn't get the handle open and then started yelling for me. I put her back to bed, laid down with her for a little bit, and then left when she was almost asleep. We are hoping that is as adventurous as she'll be tonight.

The first outfit I bought baby boy right after our ultrasound finally came today! Can't wait to see what a stud he will look like in this outfit! The Bowtie onesie is separate too. Izzy is such a peanut but it is crazy to see how little the newborn outfit is and thinking back to how long Izzy wore the newborn size for. She is only three times her birth weight at just shy of two, but I can't remember her being that small anymore.























1 comment:

  1. Now that I read this, I totally remember not sleeping soundly at the beginning of this transition, always thinking I maybe heard sally :) be thankful for your video monitor :)

    ReplyDelete