You made it to almost every one of my basketball games and even if I played terrible, you always tapped my leg and told me you were proud of me on the car ride home! You have taught me not to take life too seriously, to find time to laugh, and to give selflessly to others. You are one of a kind, the only dad that was fun and cool enough to dress up in a hilarious outfit for Father/Daughter (See below) when the other dads and daughters were wearing suits and dresses.
Being parents now, both Pat and I realize how just how much goes into being a mom or dad. It is a 24/7 job that I really don't think stops at 18 like some may say, I still call you for advice or when something is broken out of habit, even if I know Pat could fix it. You have been the number one man in my life from the start Dad! You have taught me how to be not just a good parent, but an amazing parent. Thanks to you, you have instilled a love for life in me that allows me to see the good in everything and to laugh a lot even about the bad things that may happen. I am a much more laid back parent that I had anticipated and I have you to thank for that. Izzy has already started to show this trait as well, as she laughs at EVERYTHING.
I know life has thrown you some curve balls along the way, especially recently, but you still manage to stay strong and find humor in the situation. You humor the nurses and doctors every time you visit and keep us all at ease with your humor about everything. You have always been there for us, given us so much, and made us laugh when we needed it, so PLEASE, let us be there for you now when you need us most. We love you and are always thinking about you and praying for you. Thank you for being the best dad and Papa we could ever imagine. Sorry we won't be here on Sunday, but we hope you enjoy YOUR day! I could go on and on all day long about you, but need to stop at some point. :) Happy Father's Day Daddio!! I found some "goodies" in a box today that I thought I'd better include in this post...enjoy!
Our First Father/Daughter Dance....I was in my AWKWARD teenager stage!
Father Daughter Junior Year? Before we realized how cool we could be....
Father/Daughter Senior Year! OH YEAH!
One of our many Mexico Spring Break trips together!
Check out the overalls. :)
This was the day I left for college, I was getting sad and you of course, found a way to make me laugh and smile! :) This was at 5AM I believe!
One of my favorite childhood memories of you....how you loved to embarrass Jenny and Heather on dance days by putting on your Elmer Fudd Hat and rainbow suspenders.
A favorite picture of the two of us! You'd always let me drive the boat and be the captain!
You can always get her to laugh!
Blowing Bubbles with Papa!





No comments:
Post a Comment