Izzy amazes me more and more everyday. She surprises me in so many ways. She can be SO shy in new situations and becomes an introvert in a snap, which isn't her normal personality. Every doctor's apt we go to, and we have been to A LOT, she is quiet, but respectful and always does what is asked of her without any concern. Like yesterday at the doctor when I asked her if she was okay with getting a shot, she said yes! At her dentist apt today, I wasn't sure what to expect from her. They warned me when I made the apt that many children her age, newly three, usually don't like getting their teeth cleaned and since they want it to be a positive experience, they won't make her unless she is okay with it. This morning, I showed Izzy a few YouTube videos of kids at the dentist and we read her Dora Goes to the Dentist book. I really think this helped her know what to expect. Izzy is very cautious in new situations when she doesn't know what to expect and often takes a long time to warm up. She was AMAZING! I was so proud of her. I got a little teary eyed because she seemed so old sitting on the dentist chair. She was brave and did what the hygienist asked her to do. They were able to clean and polish her teeth and even paint on the fluoride. The dental hygienist was amazing, right up Izzy's alley, she explained every little thing before starting. She let Izzy touch everything and had silly names for the tools. Izzy's favorite thing was the water squirter of course. Second favorite had to be the "water sucker". It seemed like she drank a gallon of water from the water gun, she kept asking for more.
We came home, made lunch, and decided to have a picnic on the side of our lawn. Izzy and Bobby giggled a lot and both ate well. I 'think" they both went down for their naps now too! Yeah!! If the weather keeps up, we might head to the pool after naps. These are the days that make being a mom so rewarding. Everyone is happy, we had a productive morning and met another milestone and I got to be a part of it since I am not working now. Days like today make me think about how nice it would be to stay home with my kids all day/everyday, even in the winter. It makes me sad that I won't get to take Izzy to preschool or pick her up next year because I'll be working. I'll have to rely on notes in her bucket from school to tell me what she learned and won't be there for the teacher's recap of the day. Gymnastics and dance will have to be limited to weekend days, not done during the week, which will make our weekends go even faster than they already do. Appointments and making fun family memories will be limited to weeknights and weekends, ugh! I am so grateful for these moments and memories we are able to make. Summer, SLOW down!
A video from swimming the other night.
Izzy being Izzy walking her baby on our walk.
She wanted a cape...
He is looking older by the second...looks a little rough with his black eye.
Just washing her car.
Trying to try her car.
Not even phased by being at the dentist, just made herself comfortable.
She got to wear cool glasses for the bright lights.
Such a big girl!
So proud of her toothbrush and prize, she picked a pen that has 10 different colors.
Attempting to change the color of her pen. I used to be OBSESSED with these pens.
These two play so well together now that they only have each other. It melts my heart. I was making lunch and watching them from the stove and couldn't stop smiling. They were playing peek a boo and would giggle uncontrollably.
All smiles!
The morning nap was the trick, such a happy guy today! Clapping.
So smiley!
Tooty Ta with Nana...the best! Sorry mom, had to include the photos!
Can't stop smiling looking at this haha.
"Thumbs up, elbows back, feet apart, knees together, bottoms up, tongue out, eyes shut, turn around!"
"Mommy, check out frog. Can I touch him?"
A girl and her dog.
When did my firstborn become an independent big girl?
Can't forget our "oldest". She is cute.....
Running....ahhhh summer.
Just hanging out.
Ahhhh picnic lunch, I could get used to this!


No comments:
Post a Comment