We had quite the day. It started with a long walk around the neighborhood. Halfway through the walk, Izzy decided she wanted her baby's stroller handle to go down. The problem was, the handle doesn't go down. You would have thought she lost her leg with the all out meltdown performance she put on. She could have won an Oscar for her performance. Thankfully, she was able to get over it and we continued our walk. After our walk, we went to Izzy's first dance class. She loved it! I would say she followed the teacher's lead about 80% of the time. :) Some of her friends in class had their moms sitting by them, so Izzy would randomly run over to hug me since I was busy with Bobby and couldn't sit with her. We went straight to the pool from dance class and had fun swimming with the Craigmiles. We sat down for lunch and Izzy decided to that would be the perfect time for another Oscar 3 year old performance. Oh how I love this little, spirited girl. As a result, we left the pool and lunch early.
Mr. Bobby decided to hop on the Oscar wagon and put on an all star performance during his morning nap time. As a result, he didn't take a morning nap and looked as though he was going to fall asleep during lunch. Turns out he did fall asleep on the ride home with his sandwich in hand. Both kids took rock star naps, in fact, I had to wake both of them up for Bobby's 1 year apt. Izzy was a brand new child when she woke up. I was so proud of her too, she unexpectedly had to get a shot today. I asked her if she was okay getting a little poke and a neat band aid and she said sure. She was so brave. She cried a little and said, "Owwwwie" but then stopped as soon as the nurse asked her if she saw her pretty band aid, she responded by asking, "Where is it?" followed by, "Can I have my sucker now, mommy?" She was a champ, far more brave than me! She has been showing off her "sprinkle band aid" (it is sparkly) all night long and didn't want to take a bath because she was worried it would fall off. Bobby had to get two shots and a finger poke!
Bobby is healthy and starting to slow down in his growth, but the doctor said he is very healthy and meeting his milestones. She even said he was advanced in the emotions department. The lack of sleep today caught up with him and he showed his true colors when he couldn't color like Izzy. The doctor was surprised that he was having a full on temper tantrum at age one! Yep, lucky us. She reminded me that Izzy was just as determined and strong willed as Bobby was at her age. We love them both so much and know their spirited, determined personalities will serve them well in life. We had a great night and went on another walk. This time Izzy told me she just wanted to carry her baby and not push her baby in the stroller, I asked her why and she said, "Because I got willy (really) fwustwated (frustrated) before so I am just going to carry her." So funny that she is starting to recognize her emotions and feelings, but isn't quite there yet to be able to control them. :)
Bobby's One year Stats:
Weight: 20lb 10 oz (16th percentile)
Height: 30inch (53rd percentile)
Head: 47.7cm (83rd percentile)
Izzy's stats from her One Year Apt in 2012:
Weight: 17.2lbs (2nd percentile)
Height: 28.75in (37th percentile)
Head: 46.7cm (89th percentile)
Height: 28.75in (37th percentile)
Head: 46.7cm (89th percentile)
Bobby got a black eye this weekend, of course, just before his doctor's apt. He pulled himself up on a crate and it flipped and hit him in the eye. I am sure this is the first of many black eyes for our active boy.
Izzy and Pat took a long bike/burley ride to a new park on Sunday while Bobby napped. They had a great time until it started pouring rain.
We were set to go swimming at my Aunt and Uncle's, but it was postponed due to the rain. Izzy decided if she can't beat the weather, why not join it. She had sooooo much fun playing in the rain.
"I'm runny mommy!"
"I'll drink it!"
Puddle jumping! Oh to be a kid again!
We had fun jumping in puddles along the curbs.
It was worth hearing her squeal with excitement!
Izzy and I were able to still go swimming and postpone her nap. She had a blast with her cousins.
Two years apart, but almost the same size!
She has no fear....
Jumped right in....
I could get used to these morning walks and this sight.
After riding in the burley and watching Pat bike, Izzy now tries to stand up to help her pedal faster.
Oh you know, just covering baby up in the stroller so she doesn't get too much sun.
Bobby and his black eye at Izzy's dance.
Being a good listener.
Bobby kept checking Izzy out.
Time to gallop.
Galloping
Spinning and clapping.
Future ballerina?
Making sure I was watching.
Bobby loved dance class once he found the mirror.
He was in awe of himself.
And then the boy in him came out....slamming on the mirror.
Kisses for himself.
Being a butterfly in its chrysalis.
Pool time...for two little kids, we sure need a lot of gear.
Warming up.
This is how Bobby fell asleep, looks like no morning nap caught up with him. Sandwich in hand. He was wearing his bib since he had lunch in the stroller at the pool until we had to leave after Izzy's Oscar performance.
Brave girl with her "sprinkle" band aid.
You can't see their band aids, but they Bobby has one on each leg.
"Because I got willy (really) fwustwated (frustrated) before so I am just going to carry her."
Such a little mama.








No comments:
Post a Comment