Our blog is perfectly title, "The Christensen's Chaos", and it couldn't be more fitting. Our life is chaos all day long, as if it weren't crazy enough, we added another to our mix, Mr. Bobby. Bobby has been the perfect addition, so easy going and Mr. Go with the Flow (total second child!), until this week. I started to panic, I thought his personality and laid back demeanor was too good to be true. It started Sunday night and continued until late Wednesday afternoon, he started to act like a colicky baby. I panicked! He wasn't eating well, he would arch his back and scream, he was struggling to go to the bathroom, and was just plain fussy. Thankfully he'd sleep, but not without a lot of persuading. His smiles were rare, which is when I knew something was up. It seems Mr. Bobby was constipated and had an upset stomach as a result. We were trying to give him different bottles to prepare him for daycare, which made him mad and even more fussy, then he'd take in more air with the bottles, which worsened his stomach issues. I shouldn't speak too soon, but today seems to be a better day...I hope! He is back to smiling and eating and being laid back. Tonight will be the true test when we try another bottle. The back to school countdown has started and it makes me so sad and also makes me start to panic about this little bugger going to daycare with the big kids. I don't even have him on a schedule, he couldn't be ready for daycare!? The heart strings have already started to be pulled, but I am trying to ignore reality and pretend summer has just begun, after all with our weather, it feels like it just has begun.
My Smiley, happy boy!

So this happened...Izzy pulled up her dress and put her baby under her dress. She came up to me proud as can be and said, "I feeding baby, mom!" OH goodness!

Nicole came over to play....she bought Izzy an awesome coloring book and they colored together. Thanks Nicole!
Goofball cleaning her ears
Katie and Lainey came over to visit. It was so fun to see these two together again. They seemed to remember each other, which was weird since Izzy was a year and Lainey was only six months.
She is most definitely in her TERRIBLE twos and usually tests her naughtiness out on me! I told her we couldn't use the water colors until after nap, well she sure showed me. Katie and I were both there watching and somehow she managed to get paint in her mouth without us noticing. Thank God for non-toxic paints! The worst part...she was so proud when I took out my camera. I am SOOOOO very scared for her teenage years.
"I touch bunny, mom?"
My cheesy pizza maker. Seriously, how long does the terrible smile phase last?
She took her job very seriously, but would "sneak" bites and then try to put them back on the pizza after.
Focused.
Again yesterday, as I was feeding Bobby on the couch. Izzy sat next to me with her baby. She didn't say a word, but picked up my nursing cover, put it over her head, lifted up her shirt, and put her baby underneath. She kept patting her baby's head. This girl...
Someone found her favorite glitter boots in storage in the basement. You can't rationalize with this age, so I finally had to hide them from her after telling her a million times it was too hot to wear them and she would have to wait for winter.

Just taking baby for a little spin.




No comments:
Post a Comment