Day 3: We relaxed by our hotel's pool, ate lunch poolside, and got ready for our Luau for dinner. We had to drive an hour to get to the Old Lahaina Luau spot Oceanside. It was amazing! We were greeted with leis and drinks, seated, and then could walk around to enjoy the sunset over the water, learn the hula, and watch them unearth the pigs from the ground. It was so neat to see it all up close. The food was amazing, Pat said the pork was to die for, I took his word for it. Then, they had a hour long show with lots of dancing that told the story of Hawaii. It was also Pat and I's 10 year anniversary of being together and it was so fun to spend it here!
Day 4: We met up with a few of Pat's coworkers and their wives and boarded The Four Winds boat to go snorkeling at Molokini. It was so amazing! The views on the way to and from we're breathtaking and the reef we snorkeled in was incredible. We rented an underwater camera, but the pictures were on a CD so we won't get to see them until we get home. We saw a breached whale on the way too and saw a bunch of sea turtles on the way home. So many things I saw that I never thought I would in just one day. We also saw Oprah's house, well the road to her house that she paid $26 million for. $8 billion for the road (you can see it going up the mountain in the picture) and the other $18 million to the rancher whose land she had to use to make the road. she owes 23 acres here, incredible! I wish we could have seen her house, but trees were covering it! Now we are off to the pool and maybe a beach before dinner, it is rough being a islander. :)




























No comments:
Post a Comment