Well, we always knew she was a peanut, but she continues to surprise us! The doctor was very impressed with Izzy's vocabulary as we sat at her apt. She was using sentences, which has been a really fun thing to watch come together the last few weeks. Izzy told her to look in her "ears, birdie in there!" Izzy also showed off and was swinging between the chairs, etc. Thankfully our doctor appreciates how busy Izzy is and thought nothing of it when Izzy had "dirt under there" (under her nails), in her diaper, and in her hair from daycare. Clearly she will show Bobby a thing or two about playing with the big boys at daycare.
Our doctor said Miss Izzy has some asthma, which explains why she keeps getting respiratory infections. She is now on an inhaler twice a day until her cough stops and we are to give it to her anytime her nose starts to run and she shows signs of a cold coming on. We talked about tubes for her ears, but decided we would see if she continues to get ear infections in the summer when most kids don't and talk from there. She had to get one shot, but was more upset by the bandaid they put on after it, then the shot itself. As soon as I took the bandaid off, she stopped crying.
Here are her 2 year stats:
Weight: 22lbs 4oz (3rd percentile)
Height: 33" (27th percentile)
Doctor isn't worried that she is tiny since she is happy, thriving, and started off being small. It made me so happy to hear this, as many doctors would force special tests and I just know she isn't small because of an issue, she has always been our peanut. :)
In Bobby news, we are hoping he will come this weekend, preferably Monday. I went to Urgent Care this morning, as I had a deep cough, sinus pressure, sore throat, etc. Turns out I have a bad sinus infection that is causing havoc on my body. Since I can't take much being pregnant, it got worse instead of better. Thankfully I got some medicine and am hoping for a quick turn around so I can enjoy the long weekend!

Just reading books to herself!

Popping bubbles in the morning, best way to start your day!

Sipping on some apple juice from Dora. We normally don't give her juice, but she was soooo patient as we waited on her prescription to be filled, then to find out it isn't covered, and have to wait some more for them to call on a new one. She loved her treat!

Hugging the M&M

"Stack 'em"

Picking out nail polish. She then proceeded to take her shoes off and was asking me to "paint toes!"

Loving her sucker from the doctor. She cried harder because she hated the bandaid then she did from her shot. As soon as I took the bandaid off, she stopped crying.
No comments:
Post a Comment