Wednesday, May 22, 2013

38 Weeks

It is crazy to think we are only 2-3 weeks away from meeting our little man! It doesn't seem real yet. I will say, the second time around, it is much nicer knowing what to expect and being so much more relaxed. Izzy is at such a fun age and is changing more and more each day. She has been super snugly the last few days since she hasn't been feeling well. She stayed home with Nana on Monday and had a blast! Yesterday, she went to see the doctor. She has a mild ear infection. They were trying to prevent her from going on medicine, since she just got off of some just over a week ago, but she woke with a low grade fever again today, so Pat has to call the doctor and see what he thinks is best now. She will likely go to daycare today, since she isn't contagious and seems to be happier today; however, she still has a little fever and now her cough has come back. When I got home yesterday, I asked her if she went to the doctor and if he looked in her ear, she told me, "Yeah, doctor, birdie in there!" The doctor will always try to help ease the anxiety of being at the doctor for Izzy by saying, "I am going to look in your ear and see if there are any birdies in there." It was pretty funny that she remembered because she didn't see our normal doctor yesterday and he didn't tell her that. Pat and I have both agreed, she is so much fun and we have our routine down, that it will be an adjustment to have a newborn around again, but we are very excited to meet him and have TWO kids...we think. :)

It is funny how much more relaxed I am the second time around. I'll have a contraction and just keep going with my day like it is no big deal. With Izzy, I would have been bringing my hospital bags down to the door to get ready to go in. When I fell on the ice this winter, I got into an argument with the doctor over having to go in and be seen, if it had happened with Izzy, I would have gone in immediately. This time around, the first 36 weeks went by so fast, with Izzy, it felt like an eternity for one month to pass. Izzy keeps me so busy, I don't have time to think about how far along I am, how much time we have left, etc. It has been nice. However, I think with every pregnancy, the last month seems to go extremely slow and you get more and more uncomfortable each day and just want to meet your baby already. I am finally at a point, after our K Mass today, that I am okay with going early and any day. I have wrapped up everything in my classroom, with the exception of cleaning up my room, but obviously have to wait to do that. I think it would be pretty neat if he came on Monday, my dad's birthday...no pressure Bobby! However, if he'd like to come tonight, I am cool with that too! I got confirmation that I have 7.5 days left of sick leave and after today, we only have 7.5 days left, so it would all work out well. :) Come on Bobby, mom is getting more uncomfortable and I don't have any more maternity clothing left.I am definitely out of room, so we don't have time to let him grow more. I am feeling a little bigger than I was with Izzy, but not much, so I have a feeling he won't be much larger than she was when she was born. My only fear this time is not getting to the hospital in time for my epidural...urgh, I know people do it everyday, but I know my limits and I know I need some medicine. I am hoping it will go faster and much smoother than last time since I don't have Strep B and hopefully my placenta won't break into a million pieces again. It is out of my hands and I just have to wait and see, but at least I know it will be in the next 2-3 weeks! With Izzy, I couldn't wait a second longer, it was painful, this time, I am okay with the wait, as I am still a little nervous about the adjustment of having 2 and how Izzy will react. It is kind of nice; however, I hate the unknown too, so waking up everyday not knowing when he'll come is tough for a planner like me too.


Looking lovely in this photo! :(

Izzy sporting one of her many new outfits. 

Izzy is in LOVE with her ladybug light, we have to keep turning off the lights and watch them.


She even gave up her pillow for her light. I moved it last night once she was asleep. As soon as she woke up, she ran over to get it off of her dresser. 












No comments:

Post a Comment