Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 1 & 2

Well we are all making the transition, it isn't always easy trying to juggle two kids  on your own during the day. I don't know how I thought I was busy with one child! Managing a newborn and a testing two year old isnt always easy. The hardest part is remembering that our poor little girl has basically had to grow up overnight. She is two and is testing and would be testing even without Bobby's arrival, but I find myself expecting so much more of her now that I am preoccupied with Bobby. She has taken it like a champ for the most part. :) I know such is life and this is just one of the many lessons she'll learn about how life isn't fair and isn't all about her, but it sometimes breaks my heart when I see her being naughty and even telling me, "I naughty!" and it is usually when Bobby is getting the attention. It is hard to make a fresh two year old understand that it will just be a little longer before brother is done eating before I can help you or truly give you my attention. Mommy guilt hits often and she definitely knows how to pull at your heart strings. I have no doubt that we will both be all smiles tomorrow when I pick her up from daycare! Bobby has his one week apt tomorrow and we are going to run some errands while Izzy gets to play with her buddies. I am hoping as each day goes on, I will adjust to the lack of sleep that Bobby is causing me and that Izzy will forget that there was life before baby brother. :) 

She is in love with her brother and always wants to "I hold it!" (She won't say him), and "I see Bobby!" or asking "Where'd Bobby go?" She is a great big sister and wants to be a part of his every move. She pulls a chair around upstairs to be able to watch me change his diaper, bath him, put him in his crib, etc. He gets slobbery kisses and full body hugs at least twenty times a day. She is the best consoler and loves to help him get his nuk in his mouth and help burp him. She definitely has the motherly instinct and has made me so proud to see how well she is handling the big change. It makes me happy that her naughty moments are not being taken out on Bobby and aren't anything major like hitting, pushing, or kicking, she is just not listening to little things I ask her to do.   We have had a busy two days, but I know it can only get easier once Bobby has more of a routine, I have adjusted to my new sleep patterns, and once I have had a little more time to heal so we can do more.
We took a long walk and went to the park to start our day.

Big sister showing off for her little brother 

Bobby mostly just slept! :)

Swinging!

Tummy time and singing to brother 

Playing with the bubble gun Emily got her!

Izzy decided to wait for daddy to get home from work in her stroller in the garage.

Izzy thought it was funny that Bobby was in her bed.

Bobby was bright eyed and ready for his first of many Target runs!

Izzy loved feeling like a big girl in the big cart! 

 A true sign of summer!

Our little, old man!

Feeling blessed even after a rough day with a testing two year old. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment