It appears Bobby is never coming at this rate! On Thursday night, I had a bunch of contractions. I decided to go to bed at 8:30 because I felt like it could be the real deal and wanted to rest up. I was woken up at 9:45 with stronger contractions and knew this was it! I got into the bath to help relieve some pain and get ready for what was ahead, text Jenny as back up to come stay with Izzy if we got to that point, and had Pat call my midwives. They said to come in when they got closer together and stronger. Well, they did get closer together and stronger and they told us to go in. At 1am, we headed for the hospital. Jenny came to sleepover with Miss Izzy since Kiki was at a friend's house and George was with my mom. We got to the hospital and got checked it and put on a moniotr. Bobby was looking healthy and great and my contractions went from 3-4 minutes apart to 6-8, but were still intense. My body was in active labor, but I stalled out at 4cm. They said if he dropped more they would break my water and it would be fast from there. We walked the halls for hours, tried to sleep, and started to talk about what he would look like and would get teary eyed when we saw other babies and heard their cries thinking it was just a matter of time before we met out little stubborn prince. We were sent home at 7am, they told me they suspected I would be back in a few hours, but to go home and rest up. He wasn't low enough for them to break my water. We went home feeling defeated and a little embarrassed to be walking out of the hospital without our newborn. I had contractions on the way home and when we got home, which made me hopeful again that it would happen on Friday, National Donut Day! I laid down and slept for a few hours, woke up and took a shower, and notices my contractions had pretty much stopped. I woke Pat up and we went on a 3.5 mile walk. I had some contractions on our walk and felt a lot of pressure. Again, I got hopeful, but as the night progressed, it became obvious labor had stopped. Again, we felt defeated, frustrated, and depressed. Now we continue to wait...I continue to get more uncomfortable and run out of room for our little bugger. We have an ultrasound on Monday to check the fluid levels of my placenta and they will do a non stress test, although they did one in the hospital and Bobby is looking healthy! They will determine if they need to induce me or if they will have me continue to wait. I was told I can pick my induction date after the ultrasound, but they advise me to wait until 41 weeks and 3-4 days because usually your body will naturally go into labor before then, which would bring us to Friday or Saturday. Grrrr Izzy came at 41 weeks and a day, which would be Wednesday. I can choose to be induced sooner, but haven't decided what we will do just yet. The morning of our ultrasound with Izzy, I went into labor, so I am hoping the same will hold true with Bobby. I feel like he is never coming at this point, I know that is ridiculous, but I have lost a little hope. It looks like we will have two stubborn children on our hands. It seems silly to me when I think of the big picture, what is a few more days and is it that big if a deal? I realize there are plenty of bigger problems in the world and pains and worries others go through daily that are much worse. I just have to remind myself of that when I start to get in a funk. I have to realize it isn't in my control and I am lucky to be having a healthy baby. We have Izzy's end of the year daycare party tonight, maybe Papa didn't want Izzy to miss out on the fun, so hopefully that will occupy our minds and kill some more time. Between walking 3.5 miles, doing exercises, and mowing the lawn, it doesn't seem like anything I do will make him come on my time, so we wait...
George came to play on Thursday night
I think he needs a sibling! ;)
Blowing bubbles
Two peas in a pod
Helping water the flowers
Big sis learned how to swing
Izzy is enjoying the perks of her mom's DQ cravings
No comments:
Post a Comment