Thursday, June 6, 2013

Still waiting...

I keep waking up pregnant...grr, but just when I start to get crabby, I hear Izzy wake up and start singing. Today's song went like this, "twinkle, twinkle little star, up above in the sky, AMEN!" Then, she started listing off names like we do at night when we pray. It made me forget about being disappointed to have to wait longer to meet our little boy and start our life as a family of four. School has ended, I just have a staff luncheon today, I really thought as soon as I was home and could relax, it would happen. It seems we will have another stubborn child! Everyone will try to make me feel better by saying he will come when he is ready, but my sarcasm and uncomfortableness wants to snap back and say, "no kidding?" I know patience is a virtue and I am truly being tested right now. I am uncomfortable and we are slowly reaching the end of daycare, which means the fear of going into labor while Izzy is home, as well as being at home thinking about when he will come. With school, the days would go fast that I hardly had time to think about still being pregnant or when it would happen. I wake up every morning to people thinking about Bobby and I, but cringe when I hear a text come through of another person asking if he has come yet, just reminding me that no he hasn't and yes I am still pregnant. I think as payback, we may just wait a day or two to tell people when he has actually come haha! For any women whose due date has come and gone, you feel my pain. The anticipation is killing you, along with the uncomfortableness knowing that everyday he is getting larger and I am running out of room, seriously! My stomach is now lopsided because he can't fit. His butt sticks out on one side while his legs poke out the other side, a subtle movement by him causes me a lot of pain at this point. It is all a miracle and an amazing experience that I am so grateful to have, don't get me wrong, but when that silly due date comes and goes, it makes waiting that much harder. I find it harder this time too because we have to worry about Izzy and know when to call my mom to watch her. Last time, we put Stella in her kennel and we were on our way, a little different this time around. I also have the fear of her seeing me in pain and hope it happens when she is at daycare or sleeping. We, of course, have an end of the year get together for daycare Sunday that we would love to be at, but Bobby is making it seem impossible unless he decides to incubate into next week! I have an apt today at 3 and if it is like with Izzy, they will tell me that I have to go back next week for an ultrasound to see if there is enough fluid in the placenta for Bobby, if so, they make me continue to wait until 42 weeks before inducing. If there isn't enough fluid, I would be induced. With izzy, my water broke the morning of the apt so I just want to get that apt made!

In the meantime, Izzy and Pat have been taking good care of me and making sure I am comfortable and entertained! Izzy has taken a new liking to yoga on YouTube as long as dance songs like Ring Around the Rosey with Daddy. She clearly loves attention and when Pat was doing, "bang!" with Stella, Izzy would follow suite.
I got Izzy and Bobby winter hats, but with this weather, we may need them sooner! I hope it feels like summer after Bobby comes so we can be outside!
Oh you know, just "bumping books!" I love how her D's are always B's when she talks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment